View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdunkin1 View Post
Hey everyone,

Need your help, please. A card sold about 10 days ago that I really would have liked to have, but I was out of town and didn't even notice it was listed. I would like to contact the seller and politely request the buyer's info, but I couldn't find a way to do it without sounding like a snob :P. Any suggestions? I am happy to offer this seller a 10% finder's fee, so it would be awesome to throw that in the message, too.

Regards,
NJ

Dear Seller,

I noticed you recently sold a card that I unfortunately missed out on. It is a card I have been looking for, for quite some time. If it is possible, could you contact the buyer and ask if it would be ok to pass along his information on to me, or to pass my information on to him? I am prepared to make him a generous offer, and would also be willing to kick in a 10% finders fee to yourself as a thank you, if a deal is made.

I understand if you are not comfortable doing this but thought it might be worth a shot, as this card is important to me.

Thank you for your time. - You

Not sure if that will get by Ebay's filters for Off-site deals, but it's the best I could do.

The seller should definitely get permission from the original buyer, before passing on his information to you....or visa versa.

It does make me think of the earlier days of Ebay, before ID's were hidden, and underbidders would regularly contact winning bidders openly, to make them offers because they forgot to bid, or couldn't get in a last second snipe (before sniping software became so popular).