View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 12:47 PM
John Mavroudis

That note to you, Leon, speaks for me, as well.

If nobody is getting hurt by these things that generate excitement and hope, STOP with the dream-crushing and the negativity.

When I enter a set break, it's the closest I'll ever come to traveling back in time and tearing open a pack of '52 Topps (or '51 Bowman, or '41 Playball, or '33 Goudey). YES. I admit it. I'm hoping to score a dream card... JUST LIKE I HOPED FOR when I was a kid opening up a pack of '71 Topps and hoping for a Willie Mays or Bobby Bonds.

When I watch a member OPENLY say he'd like to trade cards to eventually acquire a '52 Mantle... I root for the guy... because I REMEMBER trading cards as a kid to try to get my Mays or Bonds card.

We're all collecting cards... some for money... but most, I think, for the joy of returning to our youths, when (we believed) baseball was a pure love and innocence. Stop inserting YOUR cynical thinking into the joy others take from watching these things take place. They're not hurting people.... but you might be ruining the enjoyment most of us feel about collecting our cardboard treasures.

I'm cynical about enough stuff in the "real world" these days... I don't need more of that spreading into otherwise enjoyable pursuits. Thanks for listening.

www.zenpop.com