View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 07:53 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodunit View Post
Yes, please!!!!! Lets do that. LOL. In the end (from the time it was purchased from REA, doctored and submitted to PSA), Brent is the beginning and the end of this card in it's PSA 7 life. Wouldn't that make him the ultimate responsible party in the matter? Granted there is the person who bought it from Brent (me), Goldin Auctions, who would then refer back to his consignor (me), John (who won it in Goldin) and ultimately back to Brent (who dang sure can't go back on his consignor now).

Now we wait for Phillip Abbot. I know you have something "intelligent" (by that I mean demeaning) or attacking to say b/c you believe that your opinion is the only one that matters and when you can't add things up, you get your panties in a wad and start wildly cussing (refer to the last string of comments directed at me............unless of course Leon made you edit them due to the content or you do so when being called out on it).
I agree, its usually really hard to find who caused the issue in the first place (ie. altered the card, stole the card etc) in the art world or collectible world. Thats how it goes though. When people buy things that arent what they paid for due to fraud or whatever they lose money because its hard to prove and get a timeline on what happened on the item. Fake artwork occurs all the time or artwork that was stolen and sold, only to be returned to the rightful owner and the poor guy that paid for the stolen artwork is out the money

If you bought artwork from someone that it turned out was originally stolen from the Nazis, doesnt the original owner or owners family on many occasions have the right to have the artwork back? what about the guy that paid $400,000 for it at auction. What about the consignor of that stolen artwork. This stuff happens more often than you think and it sucks for the people that paid money and are now in chase mode. The chase mode ends when the next victim in the line has no one else to pursue. Example, buyer at auction house goes after auction house, auction house goes after consignor, consignor goes after the person that sold them the item, that person goes after the next guy. There are law implications as well that may limit things, but just giving a general discussion.

With that being said, it does appear on the issue on subject card, we are able to trace back the origins. So what usually is an almost an impossible process (the chase mode), seems not so impossible in this case.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-27-2017 at 09:45 AM.