View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 03:01 PM

Default Important Annoucement from Jim Stinson Sports

After 35 plus years as a full time independent autograph dealer , More than half my life ....I've concluded for multiple reasons its time to at least semi retire or retire completely. To those that receive my e-mail updates my last will be sent tomorrow. I will no longer be in the business of buying and selling autographs or memorabilia (No I'm not going into the authentication business...smile), But it occurred to me one day that when there are more authenticators than dealers its a good time to bow out gracefully as its impossible to throw a 100 MPH fastball forever. And for the record leave when I WANT to and not when I HAVE to. BUT most importantly since I became an autograph dealer in 1982 I have made a lot of friends and I will miss them. Too many great people to mention and for this reason I'll not mention them by name as I don't want to miss one and there are so many I don't want to offend anyone by their accidental exclusion ....But they know who they are. Should anyone need to contact me in the short term my e-mail remains the same
jim@stinsonsports.com
So I will say with mixed emotions and a heavy heart , Good bye !
Like Yogi Berra said "Its hard to make predictions ....especially about the future" I will for the short term allow my e-bay and e-mail to run their course.
I want to thank everyone on this board for all the kind words that have been said about me but fact is I was only doing the best I could , I will continue to do the best I can in whatever endeavor only in a different format. Will leave with a quote from Hemingway and wish you all continued success in all of your hobby pursuits

“We can’t ever go back to old things or try and get the “old kick” out of something or find things the way we remembered them. We have them as we remember them and they are fine and wonderful and we have to go on and have other things because the old things are nowhere except in our minds now.” ......E.H.

Sincerely Jim Stinson Sports

Last edited by Leon; 06-08-2017 at 02:09 PM. Reason: typo