View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 06:21 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by REGGIE206 View Post
That is simply amazing! I love hearing stories about parents passing down valuable cards to their children.. especially a 52 Topps Mantle! Did your father pull that from an actual pack?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Me, too!! Congratulations, Irv. Between your cache of nice vintage Bee Hives and the '52 Topps Mickey Mantle, your Dad left you some real treasures.

Say, take the time to ask your father how he came to get the '52 Topps Mick. Write it up as a story for all of us. A card passed down from a dad is something any of us (except those who hate it when anyone has something nice happen to them) would appreciate hearing about.

I have a treasured story of how I got a '52 Topps Mantle through my widowed mother. Sadly, I chose to sell it to help raise money for a down payment on a house. Good reason, but......

Take care, pal. ----Brian Powell
Unlike my Father's Beehives, which he clearly remembers purchasing some himself, he is unclear, exactly, how he came about them.

I have asked, shown him cards, and although he remembers some players and having some cards look familiar to him, he is unclear and can't honestly remember purchasing them.

He will be 78 this coming Saturday, so with him being 13-14 when these cards came out, and not continuing in the hobby much after that, he finds it hard to remember.

If he did remember pulling the Mantle, it would definitely make for a great story, but unfortunately, that is the best we can do.