View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 05:36 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by REGGIE206 View Post
Still awesome that he passed that down to you. Since I'm a first generation American born, my father didn't collect anything cool and has nothing to pass down to me. Pulled or not pulled, I envy when I hear stories like yours.
Thanks!

My Father gave me a 148 total, including the Mantle, which, unfortunately, was the worst card of the bunch. (Still totally grateful I own one!)

Included in those 148 were Mays, Robinson, PeeWee Reese, and Joe Nuxhall to name a few. I was also lucky enough to receive 58 high numbered cards as well.
Since joining back in January of 2016, my collection is up over 220 now, which doesn't include any high number cards. (FlickR link below)

I was on a buying frenzy there for a while, but with the current CDN dollar, and being a little more educated, I have now slowed down and only purchase occasionally when I see a good deal with reasonable shipping costs.

It's highly unlikely I'll ever finish this set due to some fairly expensive cards I still need (Campy, Mathews, Pafko, Berra, Martin, etc) but I do enjoy adding to it when I can.

Thanks again, and good luck in your quest!