View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 12:59 AM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocca001 View Post
Did anyone here get the 1912 Arellanes in the Brockelman auction? It wasn't me, although I tried.

I was just happy to see it. I am assuming that it is one of the very rare 1912 Zeenut cards. I collect several Zeenut players (and he is one of them), so I don't know as much about the especially rare cards in each set. I try to keep my eyes open for Arellanes Zeenut cards, but they are tough. I have his 1911 and 1917 Zeenuts, but not the 1912, 1913, and 1914.

Does anyone have the 1913 or 1914 Arellanes Zeenut cards? Or another 1912 to post?
Arellanes is definitely one of the tougher 1912's but not one of the absolute toughest. I still need him and I tried for that one but ended up focusing on the other two really tough ones and was able to pick up the Baker (vertical) and the McAvoy. That was the first McAvoy I had ever seen available. That was the one I wanted, i wasn't sure how high I would have to go there so I bowed out on the higher graded Arellanes just in case I needed to go a lot higher on those other two. I also upgraded a few others. Overall the prices as stated were a bit weaker than I thought, had the auction ended all at once I would have bid on more but i ended up in a bidding war that lasted a while on the two I really wanted and that prevented me from overdoing it on a few others I would have happily bid on at the next few increments. Another tough one that slipped through the cracks was the Fitzgerald (I was able to upgrade my copy a little), overall it was a fun and rare opportunity to pick up some great looking cards, the 1912's have long been one of my 2-3 favorite Zeenut series (I love those action photos so much more than the studio shots of 1911, although I admit that the 1911's are simply a beautiful set!)

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 06-13-2017 at 07:01 PM.