View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 09:36 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Wheat View Post
You should have seen the board a dozen years ago! There was quite a bit of angst...with a lot of griping and complaining I did not even want to participate.

It isn't perfect, but it is much more enjoyable today.

Z

I first found the forum on the original Net54 about 15 years ago, became a regular visitor for a while during the days of Hal L. and Julie V., left for a year or two for the reasons mentioned in the OP and have been a pretty frequent visitor and participant for the past decade or so. There's been more of shift to T206 and away from obscure issues, and I'm not especially happy with that development, but I think it's largely indicative of an influx of new blood to the hobby, and that I am happy with. On the issue of complaining, that just waxes and wanes. I haven't noticed a trend per se in either direction, but certainly I've seen it worse than it is right now.

I make an effort to be thoughtful or helpful or at least entertaining in what I post, so I'd certainly prefer not to be harassed by people who think I'm incorrect about something I post, or to have my rationale dismissed on the basis of a poorly-constructed argument, but to some extent I've just gotten used to that as one of the costs of hanging out on the internet with people who share in common with me a hobby but probably have an entirely different academic background.