View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 04:14 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Well if you were going to cherry pick one of the last 10,000 sales to prove a point not sure you would pick one that would not support your point. No one is saying that higher graded SGCs havent sold for similiar or more than lower graded psa graded cards. If the .5 doesnt matter, i will try that on the next ps a 5.5 1952 mantle and tell the guy to sell it at a psa 5 price since the .5 means nothing especially in $10,000+ card. Perry Mason strikes again..
I didn't cherry-pick an example, but rather, I used a recent example out of my own collection to show you that I do, in fact, put my money where my mouth is. If you can look at my sgc 5.5 compared side-by-side to that psa 5, and your best hypothesis as to why I paid more is because of a half-grade, then I have to question the logic in debating you at all. They say that arguing with fools is like playing chess with a pigeon: no matter how good you are, the pigeon will just shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
I will tell you this: if both those CJs were at auction TODAY (and mine magically lost it's immensely important half grade), not only would I pay more for the sgc, but I wouldn't even bid on the Psa.