View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 02:40 PM
Kev1n @1les

Ed,
Best of luck to you and sorry about the job loss. I went through it two years ago after 18 years with a company. It took about 90 days to land into my next role and it turned out to be a bigger job with a company that I really enjoy.

During that search, however, it was a daily roller coaster. On one day, I would hear from multiple recruiters and wonder which opportunity I would take. Then, the next few days it would be silent and I would wonder at what point I would need to get a paper route or work in fast food.

It was more of a battle of the mind than anything else. I ended up with 4 job offers before the warn period was over and I got to bank the entire severance. However, I can tell you that it felt like 3 years. I could only do so much on linkedin, but I felt guilty when I wasn't on it networking.

Maybe it was just me, but if you have had any of these experiences, I just wanted to offer my best to you and let you know that it usually works out for the better - as cliche as that might sound.

As far as cards, they will be there when you get back and this board will do you a solid and let you know when we see stuff. I admire your collecting niche and think about young boy collecting cards and putting his stamp on them.

Stay strong and best of luck!

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set