View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 05:25 PM

Default hello all!

great posts so far! marc, some great insight

I have been extremely busy the last few weeks as I am sure everyone is...

I want to start a thread on "current freak market" values on 206

but I have been so lazy

I will get to it soon.....

anyway, great insight so far.....there are SO SO many variables I need to touch on, it will take a while to get it together....

anyway, as you know I am obsessed with these cards...

as for miscuts, too many variables to list...

here is a VERY VERY VERY basic rule to apply "generally for now"

the more "dramatic " the freak= the more value/demand....

miscut generalities:

rarity scale for now....below is the rarity each occurs

50%-50% being considered the rarest

......greater disparity(40%-60% less 30%-70% less ect ect)

front miscuts-

1) 2 different player front miscut showing 2 different players top to bottom on front(like jamie's lake/pastorius)- these are the rarest of the rare!!!!.....2 or 3 different known examples....a true anomaly.....4k-6k generally speaking right now...(please, this is a very general range!!!)... they can go way higher/lower-it is an extreme "niche" market.....depends......10k is not out of the question, neither is 2k.....depends extremely on timing, venue, player subject , % miscut, condition, ect ect ect...

2) 2 different front side to side miscuts showing,of course, 2 different players(as for the majority of the sheets/rows/columns- same player in the column but different players in the rows!)
(none are listed in this thread, but I have owned 1 or 2)-

we are not 100 % sure, as there currently is no evidence of a 206 sheet known to survive....apparently, tho, some columns had differents players(stacked on the bottom or top) as evidenced by pastoruis/lake.....but the side to side miscuts showing the next player are almost as rare as the above stated.....there are so few of these, pricing can go anywhere! but they are generally 2k about....I have never seen a 50-50% side to side front miscut, but that would be a 4-6 k card also!!!

3) front "top to bottom" miscut (player name showing on bottom like joss in the thread).....these are generally more rare than the "front bottom to top miscut" like green cobb, Jordan , ect.........generally speaking, these are rarer as to why the printer misloaded / realigned improperly sheets less than the latter, maybe the way the press crop marks were aligned???the sheet clip holder???caused more probability of the sheets to be more miscut one way or the other...perhaps we will never know..... that's why you see a lot of 206 with the miscut showing the "name at top"

unfortunately, we never really see a 50-50% miscut on these(like the joss port), they are rarer than the "bottom to tops", but don't command the same premiums of the "bottom to tops" as those are generally more drastically cut approaching close to 50-50% of a miscuts......$800-$3000+ are usually the range of these(like joss)....again, depends on the "drastic ness" of it , which would be the closer to 50-50% miscut, player, condition, is a unique one? demand, ect

4) front" bottom to top" miscut (player name showing on top like the Cobb, Jordan, Doolin above)

less "rarer" than the "top to bottom" but they command more of a "dramatic " look as they approach more 50-50 % miscut

Cobb - sky is the limit there! that's an iconic card ! can go very high !! not sure....20-25 k??+ maybe more??? would hate to even guess on that the way green cobbs are exploding !! Jordan, knight, ect ect 3k-5 or 6k even....really depends

REMEMBER!!!!!! once they get close to 50-50% ...."top to bottom" and "bottom to top" become one in the same
I have never seen one

this is an extremely "niche " market and timing is critical on value.....many....many....many other factors/variables on value

- subject matter(Cobb green vs Doolin), rarity(are there other exact player examples known)??, supply(how many exist), demand (who is in the market at that time), condition, "drastic" ness(is it a 20 % 30%??? top to bottom, bottom to top??? 50-50%).....among some

t206 rarities anomalies are always going to be in demand.....the price ranges will differ ......kind of like cyclical economy, stock market, ect....

volitilty sometimes is high, but these are always in demand

what I 100 % know

THESE ARE AWESOME!