View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 10:51 AM

I agree with shelving the collection and taking a rest.

From what I recall, you have many higher-ticket HOF items. Perhaps a change of focus might breathe some positive air into your hobby? My guess is you're a Dodger fan--if so, there are countless interesting players from Brooklyn we've all spent years reading about. They aren't HOFers and many aren't household names, but they've always been incredibly fun to collect. I'm not talking of the mass-produced, multi-signed Ebbets Field 16X20's signed by 95 second string Dodgers or those Branca/Thomson "FrankenJerseys"! I've purchased unique Billy Cox items in the past and have always enjoyed that. The list of colorful characters is too numerous to mention in full. There's the sad and inexplicable case of Len Koenecke, or how about Hugh Casey, who only took a toothbrush with him on road trips, buying all his clothes as he needed them? And of course, the risk of forgeries with players such as these is significantly reduced. Secretarial versions? Sure, but the collector and industry knowledge regarding Dodger clubhouse signatures makes it much easier than wading through a sea of Sharpie-signed Mantles, Williams and DiMaggios.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 10-18-2017 at 10:55 AM.