View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 09:14 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
I prefer to see auction houses run by people who know a great deal about the subject matter, in fact I would consider than an absolute necessity.

Being a relative newcomer to the field doesn’t give anyone a free pass to open an auction house, what exactly would you provide to your consignors? Not trying to be rude but you have asked some pretty rudimentary questions over the past few months and not sure why you think this would be a great idea. Again, if you you decide to take this on I wish you luck I just don’t know that this would be a successful venture for you.
I would respond to this by saying, I would offer absolute amazing customer service to both consignors and buyers. I have spent many years in sales and learned how important customer service and transparency is.

Nobody is too big or too small when it comes to being treated with respect and having their concerns answered.

I believe that shipping should be lightning fast, as should payouts, and emails should be answered almost immediately during an auction.

I am from a newer school where being constantly accesible is the norm and would translate that over to this model.

Still scratching the surface on ideas and how things would be done, but I like the ideas and hope to fill a void from the customer service point of view that the industry seems to be lacking.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 12-18-2017 at 09:15 PM.