View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 12:20 PM
J0hn Collin$

At some point I need to upgrade my '56 Mantle. It presents VG or better, but technically would probably grade a 1 or an A due to some paper loss on a pressed out corner. That's it's main flaw, but besides that the card is perfectly centered and has killer color, looks better than many 4's I've seen that are not centered as well. I would love to upgrade to a PSA 4 or 5, but with what those go for these days, I would have to save for a while and then likely trade in my current Mantle on it - which I would be loathe to do - despite it's flaws, it's a card I've had since my childhood and there is sentimental attachment to it.

Beyond that one card there is not much in my PC I would care about upgrading. I collect individual singles for HOF'ers and stars, and get mid-grade that I can afford but still feel good about usually to start with. For 1950's cards I don't mind PSA 4's, and for the '60s there are still a lot of good deals to be had on PSA 5's and 6's that, while they may not be considered "high end" - they are still in great shape as far as I'm concerned. My most recent affordable addition there was a '68 Clemente, PSA 7 that is a really nice card.