View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 08:53 PM
Dewey St. Germaine

As a kid I don't remember to many bad experiences. Some guys were jerks but most were good.

As an adult it has been a whole different experience. I have gotten a few autos at shows in person and it has been weird. Nothing that the players have done to make it that way but as a 40+ year old adult I have found it very awkward asking another adult to sign an item. I am cool with things through the mail or sending an item in to get signed but doing it in person has been an unpleasant experience from my end.

My most recent experience was with Jimmy Rollins this past November. I help coordinate our high school athletic hall of fame ceremony and J-Roll was in attendance since he was introducing his old coach. I spoke to him briefly before the show and worked up the nerve to ask him if he wouldn't mind signing a couple of things after the ceremony but just couldn't go through with asking him to do it afterwards.

Last edited by Dewey2007; 01-14-2018 at 08:54 PM. Reason: text correction