View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 07:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMorris View Post
Hi Net54. I have a beast of a piece of lumber and trying to determine if it is a store model or pro model. The bat is a Edd Roush, 40 ER, 34", 41 ozs, 1916 - 1931 label. There are several spike marks on the barrel and it has quite a bit of use to it. There is a lathe mark on the end of the barrel. The knob has 34" stamped from H&B and an A carved above the 34. I guess I have 2 main questions. 1) Did Roush ever use a 40ER as a gamer? 2) would a pro model have 34" on the knob? This bat falls in his ordering weight (40-50 ozs) according to H&B records. I see a few pro model bats authenticated online that look exactly like this one but I can't tell if there is a length stamp on the knob. It is hard to believe a 170lb. Guy would wield this monster. Sorry about no photos. My format is JPG and I keep getting errors when trying to upload even one pic. Thanks in advance for any info and a ballpark value would also be greatly appreciated.
I don't know about the bat but .jpg is the best format for loading pictures. About 99% of the times there are problems it is with a phone picture or tablet picture being about 100x too big. If you right click on the scan and downsize it, it will work. This forum isn't best on a phone.....