View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 09:20 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

From what I have read, the logo will still be available on merchandise in places like the team store, so it won't disappear completely.

I have mixed feelings on this one.

As a Libertarian, this seems to be an internal issue within the framework of major league baseball. If they feel the need to step in, that is a business decision and they are free to make it...letting any consequences be as they may based on free market forces (such as they are in America circa 2018 anyway). I am also all for any aggrieved group banding together of their own free will to try to have changes implemented that said group feels would be of benefit to them. More power to them.

As a person with some indigenous ancestry, I know that there are much larger issues facing the Native American population, much of which was forced upon them and has now metastasized into several generations of internal issues and generally poor decision making. I don't think it should be overly political to believe that offering sympathy and a hand up to them would be a good and humane idea for our fellow Americans. That said, if they feel that minor (in the grand scheme of things) issues such as this are worthy of their time and effort, I suppose I can get behind that. At the same time, with the myriad of other issues within their community, I also can't shake the feeling that some may be better served putting on their big boy and big girls pants and tackling some more important and fundamental issues to their longer term success as a people.

As a Pirates fan, we seem to change our logo about as often as a Kardashian rolls out a new product line. In that context, I can't really empathize with Cleveland fans who have had variations of the same logo for generations.

Basically I am all over the map on this one and have thoughts that both agree and disagree with pretty much everyone. Hell. I agree and disagree with my own thoughts on this.

Hope that clears this up for everyone then.