View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 10:01 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default why I did what I did

why I did what I did
when I initially shared this find with Net 54 Members , there were many responses all positive, I had many PM messages asking if I had any plans on selling the booklet. I received a few substantial offers , all of which would have given me a very lucrative return. The reason I declined them all is I really really wanted to keep several of the Games tickets from the season of 1912 Highlanders, for example
Game No. 1 (1st time Yankees ever wore pinstripes )
Game No.4 Walter Johnson Complete Game 1-0 shut out and on the same day the Titanic Sunk ,
Game No. 19 - Ty Cobb goes into stands Beats up NY Fan
GAME NO. - 46 Shoeless Joe Jackson (CLEVELAND) Career Home Run 11
Game 77 , the last time the team would be called the Highlanders
and last Game at Hill Top Park .
there were many other great games played with Hall of Famers
I then started to get numerous requests for Games played by certain teams
Boston Red Sox who won the world series that year , Cleveland Naps , Detroit Tigers, and other for teams.

Keeping the book as is stashed away in drawer or a dark vault for possibly no one else to see, may have been the choice of some , or sell it complete and take the money and run for a very nice profit.
I chose an option where I got to keep a few tickets I wanted , and sell individual tickets on the open market , and still come out ahead
some tickets can be had for a nominal sum , some may sell for more ,
Making a ton of money was not my motivation , if so I would have flipped it straight away in the beginning.
if this were a handed down family heirloom, or had the original Front and back Cover with the name of the original owner therefore really making it really complete, I would have 10000% kept as is with out a single moments hesitation !!!!! , obviously this explanation though long and maybe boring
may still not please every one , thanks for your time

Last edited by megalimey; 02-28-2018 at 10:28 AM.