Originally Posted by sreader3 View Post
Hi Ryan,

You may want to read my e-book:

http://www.oldcardboard.com/t/t206/i...al-edition.pdf

and check out my website

t206insider.com

Enjoy the chase.

Scot Reader
Scot, awesome resource! I will definitely read it and have already begun scouring the site.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagechris View Post
The Books Deadball Stars of the American League & Deadball Stars of National League are great books to learn about the players that are on the cards. Each book takes the teams and has individual biographical write ups on the players. I learned many interesting facts about the players when I read those books.
On order, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
One other book I highly recommend is David Cycleback's Judging the Authenticity of Early Baseball Cards. David is one of the members of this forum. The knowledge you'll glean is applicable to any older set you might collect, and will go a long way to protect you when buying from dealers you might not know (you should always try to buy from reputable dealers/individuals if at all possible). His website also has a wealth of information on forensic analysis, which will come in handy when examining not only baseball cards, but currency and historical documents, as well. This article on forensic light is fascinating, and useful to collectors.

Is David Cycleback a Nome De Plume, or is the guy's last name really Cycleback?
Awesome, thank you!