View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 09:13 AM
John V.

Default 1929 KASHIN Set (PSA) completed ! 6.18 set rating

I can now move on with my life. Finally picked up the Ruth card, which oddly enough is the MOST common card in the entire set. But obviously, not one of the least expensive. The 6.18 rating took some effort to accomplish, as I am one of limited financial means, but apparently an enormous amount of patience.... I've parted with a lot of my personal collection here and there, as opposed to accumulating, but this set somehow stayed near and dear to me for some reason.

I guess the only highlights worth noting would be that 15 are the highest PSA graded, included two of the short prints, Seibold and Haines. My final comment of note is that I can honestly say after having handled dozens and dozens of graded Kashins, that there is NO rhyme or reason as to how they get graded. I've upgraded 5's to 7's and the 5's looked far better, it really is a very subjective type card to have graded.

The offerings out there seem to be getting slimmer and slimmer, probably because people like me stashing them away in registry sets !!