View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 01:04 PM
Rob

As a buyer, there are items I really have to have and then there are items I'd take at a certain price. For the former, I'm really going to go for it with my offer. For the later, I'll typically throw out a low offer which is really the price the item appeals to me at. At a higher price than that, I can live without it. So I'd move on in your situation as the buyer did. He probably just didn't want it that badly.

Also, I never decline counter offers...I just move on. What's the point of declining it? Always thought that declining a counteroffer seemed a little bratty. Maybe it's more polite than not responding? I'm not losing sleep over it.

As a seller, I offer free shipping and if I'm considering an offer that's on the low side, I'll always counter with an amount that will cover the shipping cost. I'm not giving out steals and eating the shipping cost too. People typically accept.

What I just love is the flippers, who come groveling with hat in hand and make offers less than 50% of my asking price. I generally just let those hang out there until they expire.