View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 11:27 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Nice pick up Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
I won this one in REA. I remember buying packs of these when I was a kid and pulling the Pirates poster. Are those 3 you won in Small Traditions upgrades? I would have thought you'd have picked up those a long time ago.

I threw a couple of bids at it, but focused on other things early. Had some difficulty letting that 52 composite photo go.

The ST pickups are upgrades for me. Working on a registry set - upgrading certain condition rarities as they come up. Expect to make it to 3rd place this year ( currently 5th) - having bazooka complete boxes, I am unwilling to spend " real money" on singles and panels- certain other things there don't much care for ( key chain insert, Atlantic panels) Possibly eventually make 2nd. Also unwilling to send pristine 1968 bazooka box to PSA so they can bend the flap to squeeze into their holder. Things got kind of boring ( except this past year) so decided to do the registry. As I explained to my kids - the registry set is just part of the collection.

On a separate note - Anyone happen to know who won clemente's ws rings from the hunt sale?

Last edited by hcv123; 05-07-2018 at 11:28 PM.