View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 11:43 AM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon512 View Post
"Prices are much higher than ebay. Probably 25% more. If it was the same as ebay, the dealers wouldn't show up."

I disagree with this statement in one of the posts because it's too much of a generalization. Some dealers will be very overpriced and some will be in-line to better than a comparable auction house price, and everything in between. Like with everything else it depends on the dealer's cost basis/financial situation, how long it's been in their inventory, etc. If there is a general statement that I think is true it's that people shouldn't go to the show looking for bargains. That rarely happens for popular vintage cards at these conventions because the dealers are familiar with market prices...but if you work the floor you may get lucky.
When you say 25 Percent More than eBay do you mean?

- 25 Percent more than eBay Buy it Now (Seems like 90 Percent of eBay is BIN these Days). I remember the Good Old Days when eBay was 90 Percent Auctions.

- Or 25 Percent More than eBay Auction Prices.

It seems like eBay Auctions (What I always do) sell for Half of What Buy It Now eBay Prices are.

Last edited by that T206 Guy; 06-21-2018 at 11:44 AM.