View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 06:49 PM
DR
David R@tliff

Sorry for the delay on this, I honestly passed out exhausted last night and didn't quite have time to copy in this morning.

Anyway, this is my Thursday Round 2 recap. I'll be posting Friday Round 3 later tonight, and have something exciting to show off.

Okay, Round 2 in the books.

Apologize for not getting this posted last night, but the Surgeon General has indicated that walking around in this body for 8 hours a day with very little sitting is not good for your health. I passed out watching the Goldin auction last night, I think there were a couple nice deals in those lots but I was only half coherent during most of it.

Anyway, let's start with PICTURES! Here you go, you BBCE fan boys! :smile: FYI - as of yesterday the 1986 Fleer box break HAD NOT SOLD OUT, but it's close and Reed said they're soon going to open it to the multi-pack buyers so it will happen.
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]

Overall, seems to me their best offering were probably the football boxes. They also have an impressive number of rack packs, and they've got tons of singles and sets. There's a little bit of something for everyone. Really great display, as they have every year. I will show you a few of those singles a little later in this update.

Oh, and one more quick thing. I spent about 10-15 minutes talking to Reed today. I usually do not jump into the fray on the board non-sense and fights, but anyone who rips on these guys for their opinions on forums without having actually spoken to them or gotten to know them is just so wrong. Reed and Steve are top notch, every interaction I have ever had with them has been good. They are booth genuinely good dudes who care about the hobby, collectors and especially their customers. The written word can be a strange thing sometimes, and can easily be taken out of context, especially if you don't have the full context. Rant over.

As just small proof of the above, I brought this rack back to them to re-wrap because the logo was over Earl's face originally. Steve re-did it overnight for me, no charge. I'm not a great customer of theirs, but he took it no questions asked. Thanks, men.

[]