Thread: August Pickups
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Joe Drouillard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news... however in my opinion form the scans I believe The 56 Aaron is trimmed top towards the center right :-( I’d like to look more closer at the grain of all cards. Were these all bought from the Same Seller ?
Thanks John. There is no bad news, life is good and if the card is trimmed it won't change that.

Yes. They came in the same lot. The seller was not a dealer in cards. He was liquidating his father's collection. The cards that I bought from him were in those heavy screwdown holders that sometimes damage the cards. I don't know about the upper right edge of the card. I see what you mean about the picture. There is a slight indentation on the edge just above the "AA" in Aaron. But I don't see under magnification any curl or change in the grain of the paper, or any difference from the top edge on the left side of the card. The registration of the picture is tilted, but if you measure the width of the cardboard on both ends it is a perfect 2-5/8 inches.

I guess that I will just send the cards in and hope for the best.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate that you took the time to study the pictures and provided your opinion.

Best regards, Joe