View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 08:10 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajg View Post
I recently sold my Hall of Fame check collection and when submitting some of the rarer checks to PSA one came back as not authentic. Hard to believe but true. I looked back at my records and I bought the check from a Lelands auction back in 5/2006. Back then PSA did not encapsulate the checks but rather issued a separate cert which was included in the lot.
I stopped at Lelands booth this year at the 2018 National in Cleveland and met with Mike Heffner for 5 minutes and explained the matter. He said he would look into it and contact PSA. Other than being a bidder in their auctions I had no relationship with anyone at Lelands. Never once did they mention their timetable for returning an item.
Yesterday I received an email from them saying they were reimbursing me in full. You hear many stories about auction houses that do not do the right thing. I just want to share a story about one who did.
12 years later. That is very cool. I'm guessing the response would be very different with some other AHs. "Please see Terms and Conditions paragraph 17(d)(iii). . . ."