Thread: REA results
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 02:01 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonxmay View Post
Thank you to everyone who bid. I was very happy with the results. I more than doubled what I had invested in the collection, so it's hard to complain about that. The Goudey commons sold for a lot less than I expected, but the big time cards more than made up for that. I paid $15,000 for my Ruth no. 181 2 years ago and it sold for $110K plus BP. The Hal Newhouser Leaf I paid $1,800 for and it sold for over $25K. There were several others where I made 3 to 10 times what I paid. The Ruth 181 more than doubled the previous record for highest signed baseball card.

A lot of people have asked, and I'm not done collecting by any means. I actually bought a very nice signed Babe Ruth baseball for a good price last night. I also kept my Jim Thorpe signed 33 Goudey Sport Kings and my Muhammad Ali signed 1960 Hemmet's Journal as well as a few other sentimental favorites. I plan to collect signed HOF rookie cards again, but I'm going to limit myself to truly elite players. I sold because I had an investment opportunity that was too good to pass up. I was able to cover that investment plus pay off all my debt with this auction, so I'm at peace with selling.

Jason

Congrats Jason. This is great to hear. I'm glad it was as successful as it could be.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123