View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 06:17 PM

Default Rea

It’s great to see so many of these cards end up in the collections of my fellow board members. The Detroit ball boy left the Goudeys in a cigar box in the attic of his boyhood home where they were discovered in late 2014. I flew to Detroit on Valentines Day 2015 to purchase the collection.

I think all the Hall of Fame cards sold for at or above what I expected, with many selling for much more. The commons were a little disappointing, but there are only a handful of people working on that set so it isn’t terribly surprising that once I was removed from the market the prices would suffer.

I purchased this Babe Ruth ball with part of my winnings. It’s signed by Lew Fonseca also but is displays as a single signed. It was a lot of fun compiling this collection, but it was also a lot of fun watching the auction unfold. I never collected for profit, but it’s a nice bonus that I made a significant profit on these. I’m looking forward to continuing my collection with a little more focus. Thank you again to everyone who bid.

Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B4EB134B-600E-40A5-9577-4687306AE5FE.jpg (13.2 KB, 507 views)