View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 06:46 AM
Chase

I guess the hobby has moved way past me. If a crease was pressed out, and PSA would or should have know if it had based on Brent's video, then it should have come back as altered and not given a grade despite looking like a beauty. While I give Brent a great deal of credit for disclosing this what I find unsettling is that he seems ok with the fact that PSA abandoned their policies and my guess is that others will too. Maybe I need to get with the times and accept this as a part of the hobby? Unless this was an error, PSA must be more tolerable of wrinkles being removed or in this case, attempting to be removed.

The other thing that is not sitting right with me is that assuming nothing else was done to the card it then it is essentially in the same shape and should have gotten a PQ designation when first consigned. If it had the same centering and corners in June that it has now so why not give it the PQ then? And taking it one step further, while it looks great in terms of appearance and seems to deserve the PQ, how can he do it to a card that he feels has been worked on? I suspect many would feel that a worked on card is tainted and should not be valued higher.