View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 10:12 PM

I am an attorney and there are no privacy laws that would prevent you from disclosing the username. eBay usernames are by their nature public and therefore are not confidential. You would only risk liability if you made false statements in conjunction with releasing the name.

Jason May
Oklahoma Bar No. 22644

Quote:
Originally Posted by painthistorian View Post
Hello everyone....I am very appalled about seeing a guy who bought a card from us in Feb 2015 and now probably used this card to forge Home Run Baker's name. I saw the screenshot that was provided on this topic and spent two hours looking up the feedback left for us in date order over last three years thru e bay and we have his e bay ID..I do not have any paperwork left from 2015 since we moved to a smaller location after the sale of my home but I matched up the e bay item # to the feedback left and it MATCHES EXACTLY....I will not post this name(ID) publicly but I will provide this information to any attorney that is representing these collectors that got burned, I am positive I have his e bay ID and transaction # thru e bay and I want to be careful here. If Adam Warshaw, Jeff Lichtman or another lawyer can tell me how I can provide this info without violating any privacy laws, I want to help the hobby rid someone who forges. I personally was burned by a So. California Rock N Roll album vendor who is now deceased and her operation was a huge scandal, I lost a lot of money so I have NO love for this type of guy.

Last edited by Jasonxmay; 11-29-2018 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Typo