View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 08:47 AM
Matthew Glidden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisFlood View Post
Not sure exactly what you are asking, but I don't see Ron Cey, Tony Perez, or Orlando Cepeda in this photo.
Thanks, I'm trying to ID the three guys in the photo not yet named. Hope this will clarify better:

The company that made this 1972-73 Puerto Rican winter league sticker set also printed an album to stick them all into. Aside from this team photo, the set includes stickers for individual players, which I used to identify all the guys named so far in red-on-white text. (The original team photo doesn't include any names, that's what I added.)

All of the names along the top of my image are guys with individual stickers in the same set who played for Santurce's team and yet don't appear in the team photo. (Agreed, there's no Cey, Perez, and Cepeda in there.) Because winter league teams include so many MLB players, there's a good chance the three not yet ID'd also played for MLB teams and had 1970s Topps cards. Hoping other collectors here will recognize them.

Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest-running on-line collecting club. Find us at oldbaseball.com.