Thread: REA - I won!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 08:16 PM
DR
David R@tliff

I won these:

#1059 - 1948 Leaf Ted Williams PSA 8 - one of my favorite cards, I've probably had a dozen or so over the years now and just decided it was time to upgrade once and for all

#1298 - 1956 Topps Harmon Killebrew PSA 8 - working on an all PSA 8 set, this is one that has continued to elude me until now

#1677 - 1933 Goudey Ted Lyons auto - only Baylor University alum in the HOF, had to have this one

#1754 - 1954 Topps Hank Aaron auto - this was a late bid for me, but just felt it was underpriced considering the HR and Hits inscriptions; you see his RCs signed pretty regularly, but not with the inscriptions; the "9" auto grade is pretty laughable, so may have to cross this over to PSA

I was underbidder on #885 Mathewson Dark Cap Sovereign PSA 6.5, so once that gave way I switched over to the Aaron. I bid on many of the T206 HOFers but most got a couple bids or more away from where I was comfortable.

I think the Breisch Plank was maybe a little cheap, almost went for it but decided I like another of his cards more. I almost chased the 52 Mantle PSA 3 as well, felt it sold at a really fair price - just decided that wasn't the one for me.

Overall good auction I thought, especially for those who consigned some of the T206 portraits. Once again, those prices were really strong.