View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 10:05 AM
Howard Chasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportscards1086 View Post
It's a bigger purchase for me personally and have been wanting to get a nice Mantle for my PC, but then I saw the Clemente RC and was like damn...makes it hard to decide.

Honestly, I gotta go with the Red Heart Mantle. Just a beautiful card and not many out there.

That or a Dan Dee...lol
It's hard to decide sometimes. One at a time I guess.

Thanks for all the input!!
Not many out there? 1,276 in the PSA pop report! 226 unqualified 6's?

While of the 2 players - I would likely have to lean toward Mantle (Even though I am a hardcore Clemente collector! I also have a bunch of cool Mantle stuff in my collection), it would have to be a different card. As mentioned the red heart in fact is relatively common. Between the 2 cards mentioned - I would buy neither - As mentioned by others I would look for the best lower grade - nice eye appeal Clemente I could find every day of the week (between the red heart Mantle and Clemente Rookie) - from the demand side - I suspect Clemente rookies will always be in MUCH higher demand than red heart Mantle's and as a card the Clemente rookie is much more iconic than the red heart Mantle (imo).

All that said - as always - buy what YOU like - because you are the one that needs to be happy with it.