View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 12:07 PM
Todd Schultz

Default Does PSA fee influence the grade?

I've had a Michael Jordan rookie for 30+ years. I would love to think it would grade PSA 9, but with my luck it will not. If I pay $75 to have it graded by PSA because I list the value at under $2000, do you believe that could influence the grade--since a PSA 9 would seemingly cost a $200 or $500 grading fee?

I have never submitted a card to PSA and have grown skeptical if not jaded in my old age.

BTW, maybe the question is moot because if I submit the card I will do so in person at the National. Can someone provide the onsite grading fee schedule and procedure if I go that route? Thanks.

EDITED TO ADD: I realize my precise situation is more properly one post-1980 and basketball, but I thought the question would get more eyes here--plus it would seem to apply regardless of the the card subject. Thanks for your consideration.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 04-12-2019 at 12:11 PM.