View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 01:43 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
Steve is a nice thoughtful guy and I do think he would be willing to alter this position if he gets enough feedback. I agree they surely want more submissions and more registry traffic and I think this would help in those areas. Next time I see him I will be sure to let him know that I agree with everything you said about the variations. I also feel they could label more uncatalogued stuff than they do but I wouldn’t hold my breath on that.
The people who get paid for their opinions do not care about subtle details like cards that are different from other cards, they care only about making money. So, with that in mind, they might care about adding variations and updating out of date catalogs if they thought they could make money doing it.

If they cared about the hobby itself, they would have taken over the Standard Catalog, or started one of their own that was valid, instead of ignoring the obvious issues with their stands on variations and uncatalogued issues.

But I could be completely wrong, they might actually care, and I might actually be the Easter Bunny.

Doug