View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 12:47 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

To think there would be any actual legal basis is a far stretch and almost impossible to prove, in my opinion. To suggest that "Company B" is doing this to crush "Company A" also seems to be a stretch. First off, there has to be a reason that people are trying to cross cards over to "Company B" slabs. Most likely it would be monetary reasons, ie, cards in "Company B" slabs sell for more than "Company A" slabs. This is my logic, and it could be flawed, but to me it would make more sense for "Company B" to go ahead and slab those cards to be in their own holders if they wanted to crush the competition since they would then have more cards holdered than the other company hence taking up a greater market share. But, they could only do that if the cards were accurately graded in the first place. If they aren't, then that blows the whole premise of this discussion.
Personally, if I'm heading up a TPG, I'm not accepting crossovers in the first place. Why take the risk of cracking a card from a holder and having it damaged. I'm sure there's a terrific process in place, but I'm sure it still happens from time to time.