View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 11:50 AM
Ryan
Ryan McCla.nahan

I have no problem with a restored card, but there's a gray line that goes with such a card. Normally this is done to a card that is exceedingly rare and expensive. These cards should always have a flip saying so by the graders, otherwise, it can lead to potential fraud.

Consumers have the right to know if this is done and act accordingly to that information, and as a side, Auction Houses and grading companies go through way too many cards not to know what to look for when inspecting a card so they can no longer pull the old dummy routine when confronted.

What I got out of the PWCC interview a lawyer would have an easy time breaking down piece by piece. Honestly, I was annoyed because for one thing, there are a lot of really smart people who do understand the distinctions between restoration and doctoring and there are clear set of standards already set in place so there isnt going to be any reinventing the wheel by PWCC.

The other thing is why is this guy telling the Hobby that it needs to grow up and mature? While I agree that the more knowledge you have the better off you'll be, but this is up to the individual whether or not he or she have the time and resources to do so.

What it sounds like is that this guy Brent is telling us that "we're a business, and therefore don't have the time or resources necessary to make sure what we're selling is on the level. Just because you're a business dosent mean that you throw your ethics out the window. When you get busted, own up to it and make the necessary precautions to make sure you dont do it again and learn from your mistakes. Finally, "before and after photos" are proof and can be submitted as evidence in a court, same with emails and recordings such as the one of PWCC attempting to explain why altered cards wont be mentioned as such prior to auction.