View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 05:42 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
I find it impossible to believe that you, as a person who collects baseball cards, have absolutely no opinion on whether trimming a baseball card constitutes acceptable behavior. That seems disingenuous.
At the end of the day it’s that collaboration of industry leaders who will seal that fate and make a declaration on this matter. My opinion does not matter on a message board
I don't think the collaboration of industry leaders can change the definition of what an altered card is. They can say whatever they want on their websites but collectors who are buying the cards aren't just lemmings that are going to follow along with this. The TPGs can offer new flips for altered cards or what might be called conserved, that's fine. People will still consider spooning out a crease, or fixing corners, or trimming as alterations. And prices will reflect this. So, there will be card doctors who still try to get altered cards past the TPGs so they can make a profit and they will continue to use companies like PWCC to sell their crap because PWCC has stated that they don't agree that these things are alterations, but are rather conservation and are therefore ok. Stop trying to give PWCC a pass and deflect all blame on the TPGs.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here