View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 05:17 PM
DR
David R@tliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ToppsFanatic View Post
As for the hyperbole, stick to the facts as we know them.
As usual, no answers to the questions asked of you.

Fine - let's deal with facts.

Looks like at least 42 lots have been withdrawn, out of approximately 400 graded card lots.

Basically all the 1948 Leafs except one, 1948 Bowmans, all the Berk Ross except one, all the Parkhursts except one, I'm sure there are others. All of these sets were extremely popular choices for alteration.

Thankfully it appears that MH has dealt with most/all of them? Yesterday they were taking them down one at a time as discovered and reported, but seems like that changed.

I said 25% of the auction might be suspect now, so you're right I misspoke. I was referring to the single card auctions, of which something near 10% are now withdrawn.

Where exactly between this and 25% does hyperbole start and stop?

It's your prerogative to continue to insist we need a "courtroom conviction" level of certainty on each and every card. I don't need that level of certainty.

I'm glad they were withdrawn. Unfortunately, we still have to keep looking for them next time. And unless the AHs are going to share with each other and/or the market more broadly, someone else is likely going to get duped into accepting these and this whole circus will start again.