View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 06:01 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1880nonsports View Post
there are reasonable questions and now there's a serious red flag at least for me - after looking over the initial part of this thread again I saw where the back was posted - don't know how I missed it - I can't figure out how part of the pencil pricing could be missing - if that's a paper pull OR excess paper (has to be one or the other - looks like excess paper) the writing would have to be there before it was obscured/pulled (gluing). At what point after it's manufacture would it have been procured to be priced (have value) and subsequently glued into something and then removed? That part makes little sense if in fact it's the actual card back. I'm assuming the OP didn't have the card in hand and someone sent him pictures? He apparently hasn't said anything. I'm going to look this over again tomorrow. I should have told you going into this that only my wife is ever right I might be coming over to your side now John and I'd be scared if I were you!

But why would a counterfeiter write a price on the back of the card, then glue it to something, then tear it off again? Wouldn't they just glue it to something and then pull it off again. And if it's fake and they did glue it to something then pull it off then they were really thinking a lot about aging this fake card. But if they were trying to age it (or damage it) so much, why does the front look so nice? I'm just being devil's advocate here. I'm leaning slightly towards the card being fake at this point, but still wonder about this stuff regarding it possibly being real too.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here