View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 05:43 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
What exactly would you have Al do the day before the auction ends? He states he contacted all bidders when he found out and has in large Red writing in the description that they found some new info. It really makes things tough when it is the day before the auction ends.

Some still may not see the updates and I'm sure Al will check with the winner and cancel if they don't want the card after the auction to make sure they aren't upset.

Much different than what Brent tried to do by hiding the T3 Cobb update in the fine print of the auction in my opinion. Also, find several thousand more examples and maybe you could be on to something... but you are probably right Al is probably just as immoral as Brent, that is what you are trying to imply, right?
I would expect them to do what they said they would do. This is copied and pasted from their earlier statement:

It has long been our belief that any process designed to disguise or remove wear or degradation that has happened to a card should be called what it is: an alteration. We understand that some alterations are considered acceptable by many hobbyists, and that some alterations are virtually undetectable. However, we still consider them alterations.

Should any hobbyist discover compelling evidence that a card in our auction has been altered, we will withdraw the card immediately.

While we can never eliminate 100% of undisclosed alterations, and would never pledge to be able to catch them all or be mistake-free, we can establish procedures that help us identify and remove such items from our auction.

Both of these listings seem to contradict their own statement, although the second listing is not a card.

I am actually curious to see what the reaction will be around here now that it's LOTG and not PWCC.