View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 12:16 PM
Tony Ooten

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
This thread is amazing. Guy calls out LOTG for doing something they said would never happen then gets attacked, awesome. Then attackers focus on one of the two problems. Completely ignore the real problem and attack and call names for the one that is more accepted in the hobby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I am reluctant to post this because it feels in the spirit of no good deed goes unpunished. In normal circumstances I would have found Al's disclosure and notification commendable. That said, in my opinion, he should instead have taken the auction down. He made a bold and unequivocal statement that he would remove any card identified as altered from his auction, yet a card was identified as altered and he didn't remove it. I understand why he didn't, and of course it's easy to pass judgment from a distance, and I continue to hold him in high regard. But I think he should have followed his own policy and not tried to finesse it. Just my opinion.
I very quickly ran thru the thread, but it seems these two posts are the only two that reflect what I thought the OP was pointing out..... I don't believe anyone commented on them.