View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 10:55 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post
Exactly.

I have read numerous times people predicting the demise of vintage in the coming years due to lack of collectors from the next generation having an interest. It is possible. I don't think it is probable but the risk exists.

The risk exists here that these modern cards that have exploded go higher. You can get on EBAY and find a 1951 Mantle Bowman anytime. Many would argue it is a much better card. But you can find one.

If you want this card you might have to wait years to land one. When things are hard to get people want them more. It is just human nature.

These type cards appeal to just that and why I am never shocked when the prices go for big numbers.
I agree completely with the bold excerpt. Everyone collects differently. I am a tiny, tiny fish in the hobby, but I love cards that are rare and might pop up once a year or once every few years, as opposed 1951B Mantle cards or T206 Cobb cards or 1933 Goudey Ruth cards that can be found any time. That doesn't make it right or wrong, just a different collecting interest.

Last edited by Bored5000; 10-18-2019 at 10:58 PM.