View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 02:14 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
The damage was clearly his fault. If he had packaged it properly it wouldn't have been damaged. He could have initiated an insurance claim on his end through the Post Office, but it probably would have been denied because of the poor packaging.

With the Post Office, the damaged item is turned in, along with the packaging, when the insurance claim is filed. If the PO pays the claim, they keep the item for possible resale through the Mail Recovery Center in Atlanta.

I am in the minority, but if you were fully reimbursed, I think you should return the item, maybe minus a small fee to cover your time and the return postage.
Why do you feel that way? That person didn't even step up and take responsibility for the broken item. Why should they be rewarded with a free item?

If that person would have taken responsibility and got the OP reimbursed for the broken item then they should get it back.

I would say the only "person" who should get it would be the OPs insurance company if they want it. Otherwise the OP should get it for their inconvenience.

Just my $.02

You don't owe him a damn thing. He took no responsibility for the damage and made you do all the work using the insurance that you paid for. Screw him.

^^This^^ All day, I was just trying to say it nicer.

Last edited by bnorth; 10-23-2019 at 02:22 PM.