View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 10:47 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
You are really selling the slab AND the card in the slab. Its like a christmas pack extra value. Its the mystery of whether the GAI will hold up to its grade is the 'value' If it was some XYZ company with zero history of competence, the slab is meaningless.

However there are collectibles to this day that are in GAI slabs in auctions that sell for thousands of dollars such as wax packs etc. XYZ company doesnt have any

The 'mystery' is now gone from this collectible because the slab is gone. People pay more for mysteries/gamble

Example- People pay 40 dollars for a slot in a set break when average value of cards will be 3 dollars. Its the mystery!

Example Xmas packs- Its the mystery!

Meeting someone online whos video is always broken on computer or phone which prevents a live view of the person and all you have to rely on are pictures which could be feasible excuse in 1994 but not in 2019. Its the mystery (not from prior experience)
If I spend $5k for a card described by the seller AND the TPG as near mint, I am not thinking that I am buying a mystery. I think I am buying a near mint (unaltered) card.