View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 10:27 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post

If you haven't come across it, there is an excellent article breaking down the probably printing date ranges based on the text of all the card backs and the teams players are credited too. I found this wonderfully helpful and interesting myself: https://www.pjdenterprises.com/baseb...man_print.html
Yes, I did see that article, but the whole thing makes no sense to me. First of all, I was told that the reason Bowman printed the high numbers in smaller quantities was because kids around that time started to look forward to the football season (and wanted football cards instead). However, the NFL season didn't begin until close to October. So, how could they have printed the highs between late June to mid-July? How early did Bowman start printing the football cards? You will also notice that the first baseball series was printed sometime in April (the same month baseball season started), so again, why would Bowman start printing football cards way before the football season even started? Am I missing something here?