View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 03:02 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadjr View Post
I’m brand new to this site so I will try to be concise and hopefully I’m not violating any rules. I’ve been collecting RC since I was a kid in the 1960’s. Years ago I delivered my collection of 19 Topps cards to SGC in NJ for grading (I didn’t trust Fedex or UPS so I drove them there myself). I was the first time I ever had anything slabbed as I only buy ungraded cards.

They have sat in a box since but I really wanted to display them. I couldn’t envision them behind ANOTHER piece of glass; I wanted to be able to handle and maybe switch them around or even upgrade. So, I asked my wife Robin, who owns a picture framing biz, Manhattan Frame & Art, for suggestions.

We bandied about a bunch of ideas before her employee John came up with the solution below. He hand assembled and painted the whole thing; It measures 48” x 20”. For the record, I’m a RC oddball collector but I prefer pieces created in his lifetime.

I thought perhaps others might appreciate. It turned out to be the best Christmas gift EVER! BTW, I found the center plaque and HOF card in the lower right on eBay for all of $10…

Looks good, Hadjr.

Welcome to the site.