View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 09:09 AM
Rob

I was only watching the pennants. I thought there was a lot of really cool memorabilia in this auction, but I've narrowed my focus lately pretty much to only pennants and diverted much of my 2020 disposable income to travel...So I had a feeling I'd be uncompetitive on most lots. I would've loved some of the Pottsville, Canton, Bears broadsides and banner...But at those prices, I'd rather go to Portugal, etc.

Really loved the Bears stuff...It was hard to keep my finger from swiping.

The Yellow Jackets pennant and display was very cool, but not knowing the condition of the pennant...and not being the Yellow Jackets fan that I know others are...I didn't even place a bid on it.

I was interested it the phantom Colts Super Bowl pennant, but not for $500+. There was no mention in the Hunt description that this was phantom. The Colts lost the Super Bowl in 1969.

The pair of Yankees pennants were a relative bargain, but I have both...possibly multiples of both so I passed. Hunt also mistakenly described these as being from the same team. The Yanks and Yankees were different teams. One in the AAFC and one in the NFL.

Seems many of the pennants were being bid on by people who never heard of eBay. The Chiefs 1969 World Champs pennant selling for $500+ all in, is comical. I've got a couple of those and paid under $100 each time.

Then the lot of 10 single bar helmet pennants selling for $280 all in. $28 per. That's funny.

The lot of eight 1950-60s pennants selling for $750+ all in. Each of those pennants sell regularly for under $100, some well under $100. The winner could've saved at least $200 by buying them individually on eBay right now.

I won the Dons pennant lot. Thought I was getting it for $200, but at the last second somebody threw another bid on it (Anyone here?). So I got it for $250, which will turn into about $330 after BP, Tax and Shipping. Hoping to recoup a good chunk of that on the red one, which I already have and get the stiff arm for a bargain. It's not a rare Dons pennant, just one I've missed out on many times and wanted to add to the collection. That last second bid turned this into an ok bargain instead of a nice bargain. I should've let it go....but I had been outbid on everything to that point and hate being shut out.

Last edited by Fballguy; 02-03-2020 at 09:12 AM.