View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 05:58 PM
Rob

Anyone here pick up this pennant on eBay recently?

image host

The guy had it listed at $75 BIN and I thought it we fairly rare. Paid immediately as I always do then noticed it was re-listed on ebay later that afternoon. Same pictures, same description. So I message the guy and ask what's up. No response. I figure, maybe it was a mistake. I'll wait and see what happens.

The guy eventually marks item shipped, but doesn't upload a tracking number. I send a message asking for the number and receive no response.

Ebay's estimated delivery day comes and goes, and I send one more message to the seller. 24 hours goes by with no response so I open a case with ebay. 24 hours later I receive this:

Hi rob
I want to apologize for not responding sooner. I had your item marked as shipped and planned to have it dropped off this Monday after I had went to my warehouse. It had been burglarized and vandalized until today I finally came to terms with my insurance companies offer to pay for the damage/loss.

Well anyway to make a long story short. The pennant I was going to mail to you was taken along with a couple other buyers items I sold this past week.A FAMILY MEMBER OF MINE IS LOST ON DRUGS.

I WILL REFUND YOU BUT I CANNOT PAY UNTIL NEXT THURSDAY. I WILL PAY YOU THEN BUT IF YOU NEED THE MONEY RIGHT NOW YOU CAN ASK EBAY TO STEP IN.

IM TRULY SORRY ABOUT THIS. I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BUY SOMETHING AND THEN WAIT ONLY TO HAVE IT COME UP EMPTY. EITHER WAY PLEASE.LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO IN REGARDS TO REFUND. I WILL PAY YOU NEXT THURSDAY!!! I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT.

BEST REGARDS

Of course I call eBay and they say, I'll have my refund by Saturday. The guy had decent feedback, one neg in the last 12 months and 82 positives. Would be more willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt if he didn't sell the second listing on the same day. Wondering if anyone here is getting the same story...or maybe they got the pennant?