View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 04:42 PM
Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
I love the 80's rookies! I have a search on eBay just for 80's rookies and I try to pick them up in PSA 8s. They look great in an 8 and are much more affordable than the 9 or 10. The difference at that level is so little that I like my 8's just fine.

As an aside, I was never lucky enough to actually pull a key rookie from any packs growing up. I was always annoyed at that as a kid. No Mattingly, Strawberry, Gooden, Clemens, not even and Eric Davis for crying out loud. Now I've got them all and I love them.
How about it!! 80's rookies are some of my favorite! Even second year cards like 84 Donruss Gwynn's are nice. I loved the '85 Topps layout and the rookies were killer!!

I see you're from Belle Mead - I grew up just down the road in Pennington, NJ. Collected until my early 20's and lost interest during the baseball strike in '94. I was really into collecting, trading and dealing. With Willow Grove/ Fort Washington shows in the 80's/90's (now the Philadelphia show at Valley Forge) - the RObbinsville show's in NJ and up in Edison. Fun times collecting and trading. I'm just now getting back into collecting - focused on e92's (interesting story how I traded for a Dockman Wagner hitting card at the '92 National in Atlanta as a dealer - for another day).

Anyway, some super 80's rookies and they seemed so out of reach 30 years ago. Fun times getting started again!